On crappy internet connectivity and the end of my weekly manga updates

I'm supposed to be posting a weekly manga update tonight, but since my internet has been crappy for heaven knows how long, I decided to just write a notice about ending my weekly manga update posts.  Or at least, that's what my internet connection will only allow me to do at this stage.

I have been, however, thinking of no longer posting my weekly manga updates for some time now, since they're just glorified (and very much detailed) summaries on the different manga chapters that I read during the week.  I wasn't under the impression that people would visit my blog so they can read my summaries, when they can just visit the many awesome scanlation sites online.

In truth, I just posted the weekly update for my own benefit, since I require my own system of backtracking to find out about certain facts that I have forgotten.  I do have a horrible memory at times and I have to juggle the facts of seven manga titles every week (since Hunter X Hunter and Highschool of the Dead have yet to post a new chapter in ages now).

I have decided to stick with my original plan of just posting a manga wrap-up once every series is done, even if I can already foresee the challenges of trying to create an overall impression of long running manga titles (hello, One Piece).  All of my previous weekly manga update posts will still be part of this blog, since I have yet to figure out how to archive individual posts.

So, you can expect to read about the manga chapters of Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Hunter X Hunter, Fairy Tail, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, The World God Only Knows and Highschool of the Dead in this blog once they have wrapped up their runs.  I might occasionally write about my thoughts on certain arcs.

As for my posts on everything else, I do have a great calendar of wrap-up posts on films, anime and TV series that I recently watched.  Unfortunately, my aforementioned internet woes are making it difficult to stick to the schedule, which I can't adjust because I have work the rest of the time.  Hopefully, PLDT will heed our calls (or begging) and restore our internet connection to its former glory.  And hopefully, they fix it before my hands and fingers literally itch from being kept from typing anything other than work related stuff.

:P

Labels: ,